Mold has serious health effects and symptoms associated with exposure. These include allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory complaints. It is causing havoc on Florida real estate and insurance industries.
Mold can grow on wood, paper, carpet, and foods. When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or un-addressed. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. Mold contamination, a common occurrence in water damaged buildings, has been known to have serious health effects. For this reason, immediate removal is necessary of all wet items from the water damaged site and to begin air circulation to prevent dampness before bacteria can multiply. If this is not possible, analytical consultation will be taken to determine the proper remediation method, which will be based on fungus type and location, as well as extent of damage and exposure.
Mold can live in air ducts or in your air conditioner’s drain pans and cooling coils. Mold spores can breed and travel through your ventilation system. You may just notice a musty smell, maybe your allergy symptoms have been acting up or you may experience nothing at all.
Mold can cause health ailments from minor allergy irritation like itchy, watery eyes, skin irritation, sore throats and runny noses, wheezing and coughing to full on respiratory illnesses. If you have family members who are sensitive to allergens, just relaxing in your own home can be a hazard.Tackling mold on your own can make the situation worse. Disturbing toxic black mold can cause it to release thousands of spores and mycrotoxins throughout your home, spreading mold through the air your family breath – landing on pillows, bedding, towels – things you use every day. If you try and remove your mold issue with bleach or other chemicals, you will just end up spreading the spores throughout your home. How does this happen, you ask? When mold spores are aggravated, they fly through the air ducts, spreading from room to room. In some cases, bleach will encourage toxic mold to grow where it was not present before. Bleach will only remove the green or black stain from mold. The surface will appear clean but internal roots will continue to grow. Mold grows from water damage and leaks. We will come in and treat the source of the mold problem without even touching it. Our process is the safest, most effective for the removal of mold.
There are hundreds of different kinds of mold found both indoors and outdoors. Mold grows in damp, dimly-lit areas. Indoors, it can often be found in places like attics, basements, crawl spaces, and bathrooms. Mold is also common in other areas if there is a leak in the roof, leaky windows, leaky pipes, or seasonal flooding. Some molds commonly found indoors include aspergillus, chaetomium, cladosporium, penicillium, and stachybotrys (sometimes referred to as black mold, although many types of mold are black in color).
Not everyone exposed to mold develops mold related illness, and some people are more susceptible than others, including the elderly, the very young, those with respiratory problems like asthma, and those with immune related disorders. Everyone, even healthy young adults, is at risk for mold related illness if you have a mold problem in your home, however. Even your pets can get sick from too much mold in the home.